“Tip number one we always say is you want to do a lot of listening, whether it's with the client you're making the video content for, or the target customer of your product or service, you want to really understand what their problem, and figure out which product can solve it.”
Top Five Tips for Creating a Successful Comedic Social Media Ad
1. Comedy lives in the unexpected
2. Listen to the client of target customer
3. Have options (the importance of multiple hooks etc.)
4. Build a great team (how to find your tribe, how to treat those who work for you/ be a good leader
5. Learn from your results (the importance of data and feedback)
TIME STAMP SUMMARY
00:42 Brainstorming for an ad
06:22 Navigating the social network
09:40 Editing is crucial
13:47 Learning what works and what doesn’t
Where to find Shelby and Kristina?
Who are Shelby Dash and Kristina Clifford?
Shelby & Kristina, both professionally trained comedic actresses, started making comedy videos "just for fun" in 2015. What started out as a passion project turned into a career, when various brands & businesses started approaching them for custom video content. Although content creation is no longer just a hobby, Shelby & Kristina still bring that same sense of fun to every project they tackle, leaving their clients with something truly unique. They handle every aspect of production from ideation to editing; a one-stop shop for your all of your video content needs.